Sunday 22 August 2010

My first post

Hi everyone,
Ta dah, I have finally set up a blog.
I know not very impressive but I am working on it, firstly I would like to say a big thank you to Louise Roache for lending me a blogging for dummies book, I have read it I swear !!
Its just like learning a new language, it was easier to learn to use copics :)
I am sure most of you are aware that Magnolia have just launched a new range of stamps called Bon Voyage, and I got mine a few weeks ago from sirstampalot and have finally had a chance to play with them.




Can you tell I got a scorpal for my birthday, the first project I had to try was a step card, I don't know why I never tried one before!
So here goes a list of products that I used:
Bazzill paper
Scorpal
Prisma Glitter
EK Success Dotted Wave Punch
Copics used:
Browns: E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
Blues: B02, B01, B00, B000 and for shading behind characters BG000
Skin: E02, E00, E000 E0000 and cheeks R20


4 comments:

Sir Stampalot said...

Wow Mandy, excellent card and excellent start on the blog. I expect you'll go through several different styles before you find one you like. Mandy G sounds like a rapper, just image you with a pair of decks doing some scratching with headphones on!!! Anyhow, did i miss your b'day :( sorry, happy belated birthday wishes. And this card is just awesome. Anyhone want to see it IRL, then come and check it out instore at SirStampalot, it really is beautiful. Love the way you've used the MS punch to give the effect of waves and the colours are gorgeous. Keep up the great work.
- janicex

Lou said...

Hi!Yipee welcome to Blog Land Mandy,so nice to see you :) and such a gorgeous card to start with.
Have tried to follow you but sadly it won't let me:( not sure why.
Look forward to all of your lovely creations,have fun!!
see you soon,hugs Lou.xx

Louise said...

Hi big blogging wave from me and welcome to the blog world,love this card and like Janice said even better close up, look forward to seeing lots more of your gorgeous cards mandy.
Louise xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

a very big welcome to blogging. beware it becomes VERY addictive.
love love your card. i have this stamp too shes lovely isnt she.xx
hugz debbie xxxx