Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year


Hello fellow groovers,
Happy New Year !
Have you made any resolutions?
Have I, no, but I have been crafting with the new Magnolia stamps!
Like quite a few of you I was trying to win Magnolia goodies on their blog when I spotted a tutorial for a lantern, so I thought I would give it a go.
If you fancy a try see the tutorial here.
I got carried away with the photos a few more yet!




Its quite a list of goodies for this one
The stamps are:Valentino from the new sweet crazy love collection
and Rose Scent Tilda
I used Kraft card and the papers are Magnolia sweet crazy love Eau de cologne and Vintage plum
Nesties Label 4
I used Sizzix Little sizzles card for the base and lid
now for the copics
Purples: V99, V95, V93, V91
Browns: E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
Greens : YG67, G24, G21, G20
Skin : E02, E00, E000, E0000 and R20 for Blush
Instead of the acetate suggested in the tutorial I used vellum so I could pop in an electric tealight to light it up.
I hope you like it
Hugs
Mandy

4 comments:

Kim x said...

This is just stunning Mandy. I will have to check out that tutorial myself.
Have a great New Year, see you in March at Sir Stampalot.
hugs Kimx

Fleur said...

WOWZER Mandy this is stunning, going to have to have a go at one of these, when I find some time Happy new year HUGZ Fleur xXx

brenda said...

Happy New Year Mandy, hope it's a good one.

Thus us an adorable little creation, so very delicate.

And the twine is from Colemans in town - 10p a metre. Dunelm do a very similar one just a little finer which I also use as well as the hero one which Janice did have. You could be forgiven for thinking I like twine ?

Hope to see you soon......might even try and track down your shop as I am determined our main bathroom is getting done very soon.......even sooner than E imagines !!

B x

Lou said...

Hi!Mandy this really is very gorgeous,even more stunning in real life-your colouring is amazing too.
It was lovely to chat(laugh) today at SS,
hope you are feeling a bit better-take care.
see ya soon,
hugs Lou.xxxx